Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More Fun with Graphic 45 "A Ladies' Diary"

I just can't seem to get enough of this line.  To date it is my favorite line from G45.  I sat down yesterday to make a simple card and this is what I came up with.  Not exactly the simple card I was planning, but I enjoyed every moment of making it. 
 





I used "Garden Stroll" for the background with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye around the edges.  I added a little peachy/pink lace to the right edge before adhering the background to my card. I then proceeded to use 3 sheets of "Ageless Beauty" to form the design on the front.  I cut the entire rectangle with the woman for the base of the design - using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye around the edges.  I then "fussy cut" just the woman out of the 2nd sheet and used foam squares to pop her off the base design. Then I cut out just her corsage from the 3rd paper and popped it off the woman.  Finishing touches were made by using Viva Pearl Pen in light green to give dimension to her necklace.  Diamond Stickles were used on the flowers and corsage and for a finishing touch I added a piece of real feather to the feather in her hair.  Stop by the store and check out the card in person and see all the beautiful papers and embellishments in this line. I have a couple of other projects in mind for this paper line...stay tuned!

No comments: